Monday, October 15, 2007

Chickpea Soup For the Soul

My sweet husband left town to work in L.A. - so in order to mourn properly, and sooth my lonely heart, I made me some chickpea noodle soup- for the soul.

My mom came over this evening to watch my baby during my class (midterm, yikes!) and it simmered while I was away for an hour. She couldn't wait to eat some while I was gone, and she loved it! I thought it was a little weird that people have been saying that the chickpeas gave it that hearty (meaty) taste and texture until I tried it for myself.. and it really is! Anyway, here is what I did:

Ingredients:
  • one can or 2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
  • 2 large carrots, quartered and sliced
  • 3-4 celery stalks, sliced
  • 1/2 white or yellow onion, minced or diced
  • 1/2 pound noodles
  • 1 Tbs garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
  • 2 Tbs No-Chicken Bullion (or 2 cubes)
  • 6 or so cups of water, add as needed
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions: In a large pot combine water and carrots, onion and celery. Boil on Med-Low for about 10 mins. Add remaining ingredients and boil until noodles are soft. Serve.. easy huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cool Lizzie!

I love this BLOG! MMmmmmmm....
<3M

The Little Mama said...

Mmmm! Perfect for the cool weather. Thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely try that soon.

natan said...

I wish I was there to eat it with you. I Love YOU!