Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Roasted Pumpkin Hummus


For tonight's dinner party I made some pumpkin hummus. It was very simple, and although it didn't taste much like pumpkins and tasted more like hummus, is was very good. I only used half a small pumpkin for this batch, and as you can see in the photo, the other half was the festive dish. The hummus had just a hint of orange coloring (I don't know if you can tell that in the photo).

I was going to make it into a jack-o-lantern face, but I got rushed at the last minute, and spent too much time chatting with a friend. Here is what I did:

  • One small pumpkin, roasted in (seeded) halves
  • One can chickpeas
  • 2 Tbs tahini
  • 1/3-1/2 c. olive oil
Directions: With one half of the pumpkin, remove cooked chunks, and place into food processor. Add remaining ingredients to processor and combine, adding more olive oil for a smoother consistency. When everything is blended and smooth, place hummus into the other half of the pumpkin. Serve with pita, chips, pretzels, crackers...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

mmm, this sounds really yummy. very fall inspired!

The Little Mama said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds great!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Looks beautiful served in the hollowed out pumpkin!

Michelle Marie said...

This looks fantastic Lizzie! Mmm.... Me wants!

Have you seen this blog? I thought you might like it.. http://soulemama.typepad.com/soulemama/sewing/index.html

Also, this one is the link to my art blog in case your interested. =) http://mariposaart.blogspot.com/

Loves ~M

JENNA said...

This looks really good!